Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Brainstorming Initial Goals.

Living a healthy lifestyle is a conglomeration of things that touch the previously mentioned 5 Aspects of Life.

- Emotional
- Physical
- Mental
- Spiritual
- Financial

Brainstorming Session


I'm going to list things I can do immediately to start working towards my long-term goals within each category.

Emotional

Problem: Unhappy with myself.

Short-term: Gratitude exercises and positive affirmations.  Each day, write down or tell someone three things I am grateful for each day.  Read and pin positive quotes, affirmations, and books daily.  Perhaps find a book to read before bed each night?

Long-term:  Feel comfortable in my own skin again and feel happy.

Physical

Problem:  I am overweight and inactive.

Short-term: Work out 5 times a week.  Eat healthier.  Drink less alcohol.  A lot of this has to do with creating a routine.  Once I start my new job, this will be easier.  Until then, just take it day by day and be aware of what you are doing with your body.

Long-term:  Lose 20 pounds and create a healthy exercise routine that I'll stick to.

Mental

Problem:  Waiting to start new job.  No extra personal activities.

Short-term:  Patience.  You will start your new job soon.  Calm down and use meditation exercises when feeling anxious or bored.  Come up with a project outside of work.

Long-term: Get LMSW, then LCSW by the time I'm 30 years old.  Own my own practice by 35 years old.

Spiritual

Problem:  Lacking guidance and beliefs; unsure about my spiritual beliefs.

Short-term:  Start with meditation.  Download an app on phone.  Make the time to explore what spirituality means to me.

Long-term:  Feel connected and have a sense of purpose.  Create a greater connection with my soul.

Financial

Problem:  I have no money.  I am in debt.  I want to my own home.  I want to travel and see a beach (it's been at least 10 years)....

Short-term:  Start putting money from every paycheck into savings account - $200 to start.  Be more cognizant of spending habits.  Focus on having enough money to have your own place.  Use the KPers money coming in to pay off all credit and medical debt.  Create budget binder?

Long-term: Save up $2,500 before moving out.  Have an apartment.

No comments:

Post a Comment